Tuesday, December 22, 2009

The Real Santa

While in Richmond we took Millie Kate to see the Real Santa! I was so excited because this was the same Santa that my sister and I use to see when we were little and the same one my mom and aunt saw when they were little. The Legendary Santa has been in Richmond since 1936 and first visited the deparment store, Miller & Rhoads. That is where we use to go see him. But in 1990 Miller & Rhoads closed, so Santa has moved to a few different locations. He now comes to the Children's Museum of Richmond. The Legendary Santa comes down the chimney, calls you by name when it's your turn to sit in his lap, and on Christmas Eve, he goes back up the chimney! It was very special to me to be able to take Millie Kate to see this Santa, it's something I never really thought I'd be able to do with my own kids. I would love to say that we're going to make this a tradition, but I know that's a little unrealistic. Richmond is so far away. But at least we were able to do it for her first Christmas! Here's the link for the Legendary Santa www.c-mor.org/legendary-santa

Santa's boot coming down the chimney

Santa emerging from the chimney

Millie Kate & the Real Santa





No comments:

Post a Comment