Sunday, November 29, 2009

Trimming the Trees

After we got the tree home we wanted to decorate it right away since we already had the rest of the house decorated! First we decorated Millie Kate's Disney Princess tree that Brian bought for her last year after we found out we were having a girl. I know it's a little tacky but it's still fun that she has her very own Christmas tree.


give me those shiny round things

helping Daddy get the ornaments out



After we got Millie Kate's tree trimmed, it was time to do the big tree. Decorating the tree is one of my favorite Christmas things to do, although I don't enjoy putting the lights on. I have so many special ornaments and I love looking at them and remembering who gave them to me and when. Brian and I have also collected a lot of ornaments over the past 4 1/2 years, we try to get one from every new place we go. I love ornaments and look forward to building Millie Kate's collection.





One of our new favorite traditions that we started a couple of years ago is after decorating the tree, we have lasagna for dinner and watch The Polar Express! It's our way of brining in our favorite time of the year!

No comments:

Post a Comment